Monday, September 6, 2010

WOMEN'S HALF MARATHON

Ran my 2nd half marathon this past weekend. Had a blast too! Crazy to think that this has been a goal of mine for the past 5 years and just in 1 year I have already ran 2! Just goes to say that you can truly do anything that you set your mind to. And I am definitely hooked! This was a fun run...it was completely oriented towards women-champagne, chocolate, massages and handmade silver pendants at the finish line. Pretty fun to feel pampered after working so hard. Marathons really are like labor-at first it's so exciting, then part way through you begin to wonder what the heck you were thinking getting yourself into this...and in the end, all the pain is worth it. Here are some pictures of our fun day:

Oh yes, I was #1...Andrew says that he gets all the credit for that one;)





No more pictures mama...I'm sleepy!

This picture is missing a couple of our friends that also ran the race-so I'm bummed about that...guess that we'll just have to run another one together and get a picture with everyone then!

2 comments:

The Holliday's said...

Kinzie, you are awesome! And you look terrific! Good job!

Anonymous said...

Did you waste away or something after I left? You look great! Good job on the run . . . I'm impressed, as usual. :O)